Joachim Oberrauch Member of the Board of Directors Finstral AG
The desired brand, and therefore the reputation of the business, must be preferably perceptible at all touchpoints.
1. How significant is the brand for your company management?
The brand profile is closely behind the basic strategic orientation and reflects the approach of all concerned.
2. How does the brand specifically help you to manage your company and make decisions?
The strategic areas of activity and also operative responsibilities are oriented on the strategic brand profile.
3. In your opinion, what are the misapprehensions of brand management that need to be avoided?
The desired brand, and therefore the reputation of the business, must be preferably perceptible at all touchpoints. It is not enough or even harmful for its reputation to focus on individual touchpoints.
4. What advice would you give to other companies with regard to brand management?
Work on brand-compliant content (appeal) first and then work on the form (designing the touchpoint), and not vice versa.
5. What company do you admire for its brand management?